Thursday, January 4, 2018

Who is George Bulmer?

Everyday you hear me say, "I'm George with you", "I'm George hanging out" or some other variation in introduction but I never really get the chance to say who I am in the sense of a bio.

So, here it is!

I was born in 1972 in Whittier, California (maybe that's why I'm so funny?). From sunny So Cal as an infant we moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada and there is where I grew up. 

I knew from a young age that all I wanted to do was be a radio star. Ok, I've been in radio for about 25 years now but as for the term "star", that's pushing it. 

At the age of 22 in 1995 I moved to Bangor for a part time radio gig at a Top 40 station. In September of 1996, that station flipped to Country and was let go. From there I was on to the next, 92 Moose in Augusta. Again at 92 Moose at that time it was a part time stint mostly weekends and fill-ins.

My life changed when I moved onto Mix 999/WLAM in the fall of 1997. I spent only about a year there when the studios were located at 912 Washington St. in Auburn, but, this is where I met my wife, Lynn. 

Since, professionally before Gleason Media (The Ox and Z) I've had a part time position at WMGX 93.1 in South Portland from 1999-2000, and then came my 15 years at 92 Moose in Augusta as 'Greg Michaels'.

Now, you're up to date in my professional life; now on to my personal life. 

As I mentioned above I met my wife at Mix 999, it was back in May of 1998. We dated for a couple of years, got married in August of 2000. We have three wonderful kids, Dylan who is a freshman at UMaine in Orono, Justin who is a sophomore at ELHS and Vikki who is in the 1st grade. 

I'd have to do the math to be certain but I think I've lived in Auburn now longer than I have any other city, it's 19 years this month!

Favorite bands, Van Halen and Def Leppard 
Favorite songs, GnR's "November Rain" and Photograph" by Nickelback 
Favorite movies, 'Fast Times At Ridgmont High' and 'Breakfast Club'
Favorite foods, pizza and Chinese
Favorite TV Shows, 'SNL' and any prime-time game show
Favorite sports teams, all Boston teams, Dodgers and Lakers. Yes I like both the Celtics and Lakers.

There you have it, me in a nutshell


George Bulmer






  




No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Your Favorite Girl Scout Cookie?

A social media post by Madawaska Police, Chief Ross Dubois has gone viral. He warned readers that the 'Cookie Cartel' was coming w...